Join us here at Pitch Black for an evening of ghost hunting in some of England's and Scotland's most haunted buildings, We need your help to catch and seek out the undead and show people proof that the unexplained will become explained soon.
Based in the North East but travelling the UK to offer the most intense Ghost Hunting experience . Will you #daretojoinus?
07475009753 or 077951876540
Write to us
4 Colin Terrace, Sunderland SR2 0RE
Purchasing tickets/deposit option, how it works.
We offer a deposit option on our larger venue ghost hunts to help spend the cost. Our cheaper locations must be paid for in full at the time of booking. When using the 'deposit option' you will be paying a non-refundable and non-transferable deposit as stated in our Terms & Conditions. All balances will require full payment 4 weeks before the ghost hunt takes place. You can log on to this website and choose the 'pay remaining balance' button up to 4 weeks before the date of the chosen event. It is your responsibility to make sure final balances are paid on time. We do not send reminder emails. Unpaid balances after the due date means we reserve the right to resell the tickets, any deposits paid will be retained.
When purchasing tickets you will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours. Once tickets are paid for in full you will then receive email 'e ticket' and a copy of our 'terms and conditions'. Your name will then be added to our guest list. We do offer a 14 day 'cooling off' period on all tickets paid for in full from the date of purchase. By purchasing tickets you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions which are available to read on this website. Please note that some locations do not allow Ouija boards or photos/videos been taken on the premises.
The age requirement is 18 years+ or over 16 accompanied with a responsible adult unless otherwise stated on the event. No expecting ladies please.
The Old Nick Theatre
Saturday 24th June, 2017
8:45pm - 1.30am £35 Each
The Old Nick Theatre was once used as a Police Station and Magistrates Court for well over a hundred years. The original cells now lie abandoned beneath the Theatre. It has more than 20 reported documented deaths there. In 1979 the magistrates court was converted into a Theatre to which it is still used to the present day. Will you brave a night ghost hunting in the cells? Apparitions of policemen and convicts have been seen, whilst cell doors have been caught slamming by unseen hands.
Will you #daretojoinus?
Mainsforth Miners Hall
Saturday 8th July, 2017
8:50pm - 1am £20 each
Mainsforth and District Community Association was built in 1927 as the Miners Welfare Hall. The Miners originally paid 6p a week for the hall of their wages. Local building company Lazenby were hired to build the hall, one of the workers sadly lost his life during the building of the hall. The hall was the community hub for the local miners and it was used for almost everything , Socialising, Library, Welfare, Clinics and much more, Until the mine closed in 1982 it was then used as a centre for the minors to sign on as unemployed. Believed to have once been a temporary hospital & area that practiced witch craft. Full bodied apparition has been see on the stage, responses to whistles and bangs on doors, the piano has been caught playing by unseen hand and door locking and slamming on there own. This building really does send shivers down our spines. Are you brave enough to enter into the unknown?
Drakelow Tunnels - Kidderminster
Saturday 22nd July, 2017
9pm - 2am
£35 each - deposit option available
Drakelow Tunnels a former underground military complex which has an array of tunnels that runs for 3.5 miles. They were once used as underground shadow factory for the Rover car company which was excavated during World War 2 and was a back up facility in case any of the main factories were damaged in enemy action. The Ministry of supply used it for storage in 1950's. In the 1990 the tunnels were decommissioned and sold in 1993 and is currently being renovated to be a museum. Its well known for its poltergeist activity as ghostly shadows have been seen, footsteps heard and people reporting personal items being tugged on. This is supposed to be the ghost of a worker called Oswald which is said to have lost his life in a terrible accident whist working there.
Will you #daretojoinus?
*If using the deposit option remaining balances are due Saturday 24th June, 2017.
Borough Hall - Hartlepool
Saturday 2nd September, 2017
8:50pm - 1am
£35 each - deposit option available
Join us on Saturday 2nd September as we head to Hartlepool to investigate a haunting at the Borough Hall. The building dates back to 1865 and was once used as a magistrates court and holding cells for local criminals. Now the building has many different uses, with a huge hall and theatre seats, dressing rooms, a bar and original magistrates room which are now used and function rooms. Who or what wonders the corridors? Staff have reported footsteps, the feeling of uneasiness and reports of builders who fled the building when they witnessed paranormal activity.
Will you #daretojoinus?
*If using the deposit option remaining balances are due Saturday 5th August, 2017.
30 East Drive - Pontefract
SATURDAY 9th September, 2017
8:45PM - 8AM
£60 each - deposit option available
GHOST HUNT & SLEEPOVER
*GUESTS MUST BRING THERE OWN SLEEPING EQUIPMENT - TEA & TOAST BREAKFAST WILL BE PROVIDED IN THE MORNING*
Jean, Joe, Phillip (15) and Diane (12) Pritchard moved into Number 30 East Drive, Pontefract in August 1966. Almost immediately Phillip and his Grandmother witnessed a baffling phenomenon – a fine layer of chalk like dust falling not from the ceiling, but from a level below head height.
In an effort to clean up before Phillip’s holidaying parents returned, Mrs Kelly (Phillip’s Aunt who had been fetched by her mother to observe the falling dust) went to the kitchen for some cleaning implements, whereupon she slipped on a pool of water that had mysteriously appeared. Her efforts to mop up the water were thwarted by more pools appearing on the linoleum in front of her and Phillip’s very eyes.
This was the beginning of several years of incredible, inexplicable events; green foam appearing from taps and toilet even after the water was turned off, the tea dispenser being activated resulting in all the dried tea cascading onto the work surface, lights being turned off and on, plants leaping out of their pots and landing on the stairs, cupboards shaking violently, photographs being slashed with a sharp knife and an endless list of levitating and thrown objects – including a solid oak sideboard.
Ordinarily poltergeists aren’t known for causing grievous bodily harm, and although Fred caused a few bruises and scrapes and lot of heart stopping scares, in particular to Diane – seemingly the focus of the haunting – it is rare for a poltergeist to become excessively violent and cause physical harm. But in the case of Fred, that indeed became the case. Late on in his residency, when both Phillip and Diane were beginning to exit adolescence, the activity reached a new climactic height with Diane’s long hair suddenly standing on its end, followed by her being dragged kicking and screaming up the stairs, an event that left her seriously traumatised and with clearly visible finger marks on her throat.
Will you #daretojoinus?
*If using the deposit option remaining balances are due Saturday 12th August, 2017.
Saturday 30th September, 2017
9pm - 2am
£60 each - deposit option available
HM Prison Shrewsbury was a category B/C men's prison dating back to 1793, the current building was constructed in 1877. The prison also took female convicts until 1922. Between 1902 and 1961 seven people were executed by hanging within the walls of the prison for murder. In 2004 there was a enquiry into the amount of suicides in the prison. In 2013 it closed it doors. Shrewsbury Prison is not only one of the oldest prisons, it's said to be the most haunted prison in the UK. With cell doors slamming by unseen hands, ghostly shadows seen and footsteps when there is no body there. Are your brave enough join us in September to find out if this prison lives up to its sinister reputation?
**If using the deposit option remaining balances are due Saturday 2nd September, 2017.
October 2017 - Halloween Month
Saturday 14th October, 2017
8:50pm - 1am
£25 each - deposit option available
Discovery of the mine dates back to 1847 a gentleman by the name of Frederick okay discovered coloured stones on the beach. A local landowner recognized the stone formation and informed it was on the east side of the valley and the land was leased for the price of a brandy and water as the legend goes by a man called Messrs Roseby on the 23rd September 1847, but within less than a year the changed hands to a professional ironstone company and two gentlemen Blockow and Vaughan where instrumental too the working of the mine till 1850 when it changed hands again. The miners endured cold and damp conditions down the mine and working with candle light. Safety was poor down the mine itself a lot of men were badly injured or even killed, a lot of the miners believed working underground was too close to hell for even the devil himself. The miners where prohibited too whistle whilst down the mine as it was deemed bad luck and could cause injuries or even death.
Over the years a lot of strange activity occurred at the museum on tours people reporting seeing a man walking from left to right in the entrance to the North Drift. Reports of a little boy saying hello and the sound of a cat making a noise, footsteps hear, sounds as though items are being dragged over gravel, noises from above and below and reports of a ghostly shadow seen a number of times in the ambulance room. Will you #daretojoinus?
**If using the deposit option remaining balances are due Saturday 16th September, 2017
North East Aircraft Museum
Saturday 28th October, 2017
8.50pm - 1am
£35 Each - deposit option available
Once lay Sunderland Airport which dates back to 1917 and closed in 1984 due to development, this place was once used as a RAF base during the two World Wars. Sightings of a German Spy who once stole a aircraft from this very site is said to roam around, an Alsatian dog has been seen and heard around the hangers. American Soldiers make themselves known in the vehicle hanger and are said to be a friendly bunch. During the Battle of Britian on August 15th 1940 Sgt Edward Grenville Shaw was training not far from the base, unfortunataley his aircraft clipped wings with another aircraft and he was brough down and crashed on this very site. He has since been seen searching for his wreckage and belongings. A good few years ago they were dug up and are still in the Aircraft Museum. Are you brave enough to join us this Halloween and brave the haunted hangers?
**If using the deposit option remaining balances are due Saturday 30th September, 2017
Vane Tempest Hall - Durham
Tuesday 31st October, 2017
8.30pm - 12am
£22 each - Only 6 tickets available - SOLD OUT
Vane tempest Hall in County Durham has a chequered history, dating back to the 1860's. Since then it has been home to a number of Army units and once even a Smallpox hospital in 1884. The barracks stables were used as the Smallpox hospital which included a 'dead room' for storing the deceased. This area is reportedly rife with activity and staff have reported paranormal experiences whilst working in the building. The parade grounds are said to be haunted by a Military Soldier who accidently blew himself up with a cannon whilst shooting. On the other side of the barracks grounds is a ancient burial ground. Accounts of a white lady floating threw walls and wondering the building and graveyard has been reported. Will you #daretojoinus this Halloween night?
The Ancient Ram Inn
Friday 10th November, 2017
8:50pm - 1.30am
£60 each - deposit option available
You must be over the age of 18 to attend this event
The Ancient Ram Inn is mentioned in the Doomsday book and dates back to 1145 and it was built is on the intersection of 2 Ley Lines. Lay lines have a reputation for holding high spiritual energy. The Inn is said to be built on a pagan burial site and the and is said to be haunted by a witch who was burned at the stake in the 1500's who took refuge in the house before being caught. The owner has found evidence of Devil worship and ritual sacrifice too. Monks are said to haunt the building, also the owner reported being attacked by and Incubus and and many other dark entities. Will you join us as we investigate the most haunted Inn in Europe?
*If using the deposit option remaining balances are due Friday 13th October, 2017.
More dates and locations coming soon..
Terms and Conditions for Pitch Black Investigation Events.
- The minimum age for one of our events is 16 unless otherwise stated. Booking however must be made by someone over the age of 18.
- All deposits paid are non refundable & non transferable. We do offer a 14 day ‘cooling off period’ for any tickets paid for in FULL. This means you have the right to request a refund up to 14 days after the date of purchase. Remaining balances are to be paid in full, four full weeks prior to the investigation taking place. It is your responsibility to make sure payments are paid for on time. Pitch Black Investigations reserve the right to re sell any tickets not paid for on time. No refunds will be given after an event.
- Several locations are not suitable for clients with disabilities. Pitch Black Investigations value all their customers and aim to make all their locations as accessible as possible but unfortunately due to the conditions of some of the buildings it is not always possible or feasible.
- IMPORTANT: If anyone arrives under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or is suspected of bringing either alcohol or drugs to the event they will be asked to leave immediately and no refund will be given.
- Each customer will act in a responsible manner and respect the needs of others. You will not cause harm or injury to anybody else or put yourself or anybody else in danger. You will respect the nature of the event and behave accordingly. When leaving an event you will ensure that due to the lateness of the hour you will respect the needs of nearby residents by leaving quickly and quietly. No behaviour will be tolerated that has a detrimental impact on the event or any other guests. Any behaviour deemed inappropriate will be dealt with swiftly and the person or persons concerned will be automatically removed from the event regardless of any transport difficulties or adverse weather conditions.
- All luggage, clothing, equipment, vehicles and effects belonging to you or your party are your own responsibility. Pitch Black Investigations are not responsible for the safe custody of attendees’ property, for its loss, damage or theft either on the journey to the event, during the event or on the journey back from the event. This includes any damage that may be caused by any spiritual or poltergeist activity during the event. Pitch Black Investigations are also not liable for any damage to vehicles, parking fines or clamping of vehicles.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions you further indemnify the organisers/promoters from and against all legal liability in respect of any costs, claims, damages, demands, penalties, actions, proceedings, suits, losses or expenses in respect of any arising out of the injury to or the death of any person, or damage to any property arising from participation in the activity.
- We can cancel any event at any time for any reason at our own discretion. We can particularly cancel an event if not enough customers have booked to make it financially viable to operate. If we have to cancel we will tell you as soon as reasonably possible. In these circumstances we will give you a full refund of any monies paid to us or move your booking to another event of your choice (within reason) but we will have no liability whatsoever to you. Occasionally events are cancelled or postponed by Pitch Black Investigations due to weather conditions or situations out of our control. When this occurs we will notify all attendees by email as soon as possible. If these events are cancelled you will be given a full refund of monies paid for said event. However if the event is rescheduled Pitch Black Investigations may set limitations on any refunds requested. We will endeavour to ensure that every customer is made aware of a cancelled event as soon as possible. However if this has not been possible Pitch Black Investigations will not refund any expenses incurred due to the cancellation of an event, this includes travel and hotel expenses.
- Our consultants are professional consultants; however any and all statements made utilising our consultants are the sole opinion of the individual consultant and do not reflect the policies, stated or otherwise, of Pitch Black Investigations. No perceived predictions, opinions, information, advice or comments made by our employees, physics, mediums or clairvoyants should be interpreted as factual or actual. You, the customer, are responsible for making your own decisions and it is understood that when our employees, physics, mediums and clairvoyants suggest something to you, it is an opinion of the consultant, and should not be interpreted as the only course of action.
- Any event due to take place wholly or partially in the open air is likely to be affected by unsuitable/adverse weather conditions. In most cases all events take place, and it is your responsibility to bring/wear suitable clothing to match the weather conditions for the time of year. However, if the weather is such that any member of Pitch Black Investigations is unable to reach the event then the Pitch Black Investigations Team will therefore deem the event inaccessible and therefore cancelled. This may happen as late as guests travelling en route to the event. Pitch Black Investigations will however endeavour to ensure that this is the last option taken and will always work towards the event going ahead as planned.
- We suggest you either secure further accommodation for the following night or book transport home due to the tiredness caused by the event. We do not accept any responsibility for accidents or incidents caused after the event. TIREDNESS KILLS. Throughout the event you and your party will act in a sensible manner and will not cause harm or injury to anyone else, any animal, effect or property.
- Please note that all stories about the location are not fabricated. We cannot guarantee that paranormal activity will take place. We accept to responsibility if you have to change clothing after a sighting or incident. It is impossible to guarantee what activity may occur during an event. This may be minimal or very intense resulting in injury to yourself or your clothing due to paranormal activity. Pitch Black Investigations accepts no responsibility for whatever may occur as a result of paranormal activity. It also accepts no responsibility if minimal or no activity is experienced at the event.
- Though we always endeavour to give you the best experience possible we cannot guarantee the behaviour of the unknown and thus we cannot make any guarantees about the validity and truth behind your experience. However, we do guarantee that all events are organised with a scientific outlook and are conducted under controlled conditions. Pitch Black Investigations only use responsible and reputable mediums and paranormal investigators. However they can only offer you their own perspective and this should be considered when deciphering information. You are responsible for making your own decisions about what you are experiencing and act according to your own beliefs and not the beliefs of others. Pitch Black Investigation recognises that statements are the sole opinion of the host, medium or investigator and not a reflection of Pitch Black Investigations events policies and opinions. There are no guarantees of what truth is and what may be an offered opinion.
- All bookings made through Pitch Black Investigations website or via email means your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- All customers will have to sign a liability waiver before commencing an event with Pitch Black Investigations.
- All customers must be aware that all photos, audio and video recorded on a Pitch Black Investigation event may be used to promote the activities of Pitch Black Investigations on-line and off-line and therefore customers agree that they may be included in the photographic, video or audio recordings. The use of cameras, filming and recording equipment is permitted on our events subject to limitations. Any footage caught is deemed to be for personal use only and not for public use. Before commencing video or audio capture you must advise anybody being recorded so that they are aware and they have the choice not to be included. It is also imperative that you seek consent from Pitch Black Investigations before releasing any audio or video footage into the public domain and this includes face book and personal websites. This is to ensure that our guests/events and our locations are not compromised in any way. Failure to comply with this could lead to legal action taking place. You may be asked to sign a document during your event and some locations do have limitations for filming in order to ensure the enjoyment of all guests.
- We reserve the right to restrict the number of tickets available to be purchased per booking/household for certain events.
- Pitch Black Investigations reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
- Our events are not ghost walks or history tours. They are 100% vigil and investigation events and require your participation to get the best out of an event.
- Pitch Black Investigations works alongside its respect policy and will eject anyone found not respecting it.
- These Terms and Conditions are non-negotiable and may change at any time without any prior or written notice and your booking of an event demonstrates acceptance by you the customer .These conditions and any contract into which they are incorporated shall be subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Amazing night at the Washington aircraft museum. Great team, fab equipment and great venue! We Loved every minute ����� Can not wait to be part of another investigation , when you attend one in person they create even more questions in your head about the paranormal by the time you leave lol it's so amazing!
Amazing night last night at St Catherine's asylum.. seen and heard some things that just couldn't be explained. Had such a laugh even though we were all terrified in that basement! Second one I've been to, and definitely won't be the last.. the team always make you feel welcome, so thanks for yet another great experience, will see you again, hopefully sooner rather than later! X
Our 1st experience of doing this & can honestly say beforehand I was absolutely pooing myself but once we got started it was amazing team totally reassuring and when we heard/felt things and got messages I was over the moon (although somewhat emotional) and loved every minute of it!! Will definitely be doing this again I'm hooked so once again Thankyou to the Pitchblack team we will definitely be seeing you again!!
We had a brilliant night at East Drive, Pontefract last night. The team were very welcoming and professional. We had a great laugh as well as the serious stuff. We had noises, lights, a bunch of keys swinging on their own for about 10 minutes, a random ball being slung over the banister in slow motion, a heavy propped up mirror tipping over and a grand finale of a child's pushchair, a doll and a ball being slung down the stairs!
It was a fantastic night. Thankyou to Carrie and the team-we'll definitely be booking again �
20/3/2016 · City of Sunderland ·
A massive thank you for the team asking me along tonight. It's been a pleasure to meet you all and work along side such a lovely genuine team looking for evidence with spirits how it should be done. ( I can full recommend people to book investigations with them in the future ) with thanks Garry Fields
7 August ·
Very professional, Turning a sceptic to a believer, had lots of fun with the team.Highly recommended!
Went on an evening with these guys last year with a group of friends,had plenty of activity,and some very specific things came through,I'm absolutely astonished that a year later everything that got said completely makes sense....really unreal experience,some things have to be seen/heard to be believed......I am 110% no longer a sceptic,very professional down to earth group of people,thoroughly reccomend.
Superb experiences at your event. Felt very looked after and well protected. Very professional team to go ghost hunting with! Went sceptical and intrigued came back a believer thanks guys will be booking again soon.!
Had a great evening! Laughs and scares! Will be definitely be booking again x
Yvette Simcoe What an amazing experience. My hands were so cold even with gloves on, but even more strange is how they suddenly went from being ice cold to me being that hot I felt feint. Very strange. I will definitely join you guys again at some point in the future. Loved it. Thankyou x